There are so many misconceptions about what is healthy and what is not. Fasting is one of them.
Can the benefits of fasting really be so broad? We are so much more than a physical body and fasting affects every part of our being. In fact, fasting is one of our main health management tools.
With Ramadan approaching discover how and why we should fast.
Fasting is the first principle of medicine; fast and see the strength of the spirit reveal itself ~ Rumi
This one hour talk will cover:
- The history of fasting
- Understanding how we are designed
- The Physiology of Fasting
- What happens when we fast
- Physical benefits
- Mental and emotional benefits
- Spiritual and religious benefits
- Different types of fasting
- Precautions for Fasting
- Enhancing the benefits of fasting
- Breaking a fast
- The optimum timing for a fast
- Health and Fasting
- Fasting and Life Stage
- Weight loss and fasting
- Fasting to treat a disease
- Altering your genetics with fasting
- Fasting for longer life and staying young
- Tips on how to make it through the fast
We hope you can join us for this very interesting and timely talk!